You can buy filters which fit into the individual vent grills. It might be helpful to install one in that location and see if it traps anything to eliminate that as a possible cause.
Changing the furnace filter might be a good idea too if it hasn't been changed this year yet.
** The dryer duct travels up from the dryer, 90 degree turn for 5-6 feet, another 90 degree turn and then straight for 22 feet. I think it is too far to travel. **
Sounds like it is likely a possibility. You can read about dryer venting at the following link.
BTW. When was the last time the vent was cleaned all the way from the dryer to the outdoors? That should be done at least once a year.
** this dust is mostly accumulating on his bed frame ... It accumulates on the carpet behind the bed as well. **
Beds can harbor lots of dried shin particles plus dust mites. It might be a good idea to give it a good cleaning with a strong vacuum with a HEPA filter or vented to the outdoors. Vacuuming with a standard vacuum will usually just spread the dust, etc. around the room.
An alternative is take the mattress and box spring outside and give it a good beating or just replace it every couple of years.
Lastly, any computers in the room? I find the wall behind mine gets a layer of dust build up on it from the air which is circulated through the computer's CPU unit.
[This message has been edited by DanO (edited December 10, 2003).]
You can see some different models at the following link:
[This message has been edited by DanO (edited December 11, 2003).]
Dryer vent opinion - looking for Dan-o's expert opinion
Forced to vent dryer indoors - dust-o-rama
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 11 Ways to Dress Up Your Dresser
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Make Your Own Bookcase: 10 DIY Designs