You can buy filters which fit into the individual vent grills. It might be helpful to install one in that location and see if it traps anything to eliminate that as a possible cause.
Changing the furnace filter might be a good idea too if it hasn't been changed this year yet.
** The dryer duct travels up from the dryer, 90 degree turn for 5-6 feet, another 90 degree turn and then straight for 22 feet. I think it is too far to travel. **
Sounds like it is likely a possibility. You can read about dryer venting at the following link.
BTW. When was the last time the vent was cleaned all the way from the dryer to the outdoors? That should be done at least once a year.
** this dust is mostly accumulating on his bed frame ... It accumulates on the carpet behind the bed as well. **
Beds can harbor lots of dried shin particles plus dust mites. It might be a good idea to give it a good cleaning with a strong vacuum with a HEPA filter or vented to the outdoors. Vacuuming with a standard vacuum will usually just spread the dust, etc. around the room.
An alternative is take the mattress and box spring outside and give it a good beating or just replace it every couple of years.
Lastly, any computers in the room? I find the wall behind mine gets a layer of dust build up on it from the air which is circulated through the computer's CPU unit.
[This message has been edited by DanO (edited December 10, 2003).]
You can see some different models at the following link:
[This message has been edited by DanO (edited December 11, 2003).]
Dryer vent opinion - looking for Dan-o's expert opinion
Forced to vent dryer indoors - dust-o-rama
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight