You can buy filters which fit into the individual vent grills. It might be helpful to install one in that location and see if it traps anything to eliminate that as a possible cause.
Changing the furnace filter might be a good idea too if it hasn't been changed this year yet.
** The dryer duct travels up from the dryer, 90 degree turn for 5-6 feet, another 90 degree turn and then straight for 22 feet. I think it is too far to travel. **
Sounds like it is likely a possibility. You can read about dryer venting at the following link.
LINK > How long can my dryer vent be?
BTW. When was the last time the vent was cleaned all the way from the dryer to the outdoors? That should be done at least once a year.
** this dust is mostly accumulating on his bed frame ... It accumulates on the carpet behind the bed as well. **
Beds can harbor lots of dried shin particles plus dust mites. It might be a good idea to give it a good cleaning with a strong vacuum with a HEPA filter or vented to the outdoors. Vacuuming with a standard vacuum will usually just spread the dust, etc. around the room.
An alternative is take the mattress and box spring outside and give it a good beating or just replace it every couple of years.
Lastly, any computers in the room? I find the wall behind mine gets a layer of dust build up on it from the air which is circulated through the computer's CPU unit.
[This message has been edited by DanO (edited December 10, 2003).]
Dryer vent opinion - looking for Dan-o's expert opinion
Forced to vent dryer indoors - dust-o-rama
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!