You can buy filters which fit into the individual vent grills. It might be helpful to install one in that location and see if it traps anything to eliminate that as a possible cause.
Changing the furnace filter might be a good idea too if it hasn't been changed this year yet.
** The dryer duct travels up from the dryer, 90 degree turn for 5-6 feet, another 90 degree turn and then straight for 22 feet. I think it is too far to travel. **
Sounds like it is likely a possibility. You can read about dryer venting at the following link.
LINK > How long can my dryer vent be?
BTW. When was the last time the vent was cleaned all the way from the dryer to the outdoors? That should be done at least once a year.
** this dust is mostly accumulating on his bed frame ... It accumulates on the carpet behind the bed as well. **
Beds can harbor lots of dried shin particles plus dust mites. It might be a good idea to give it a good cleaning with a strong vacuum with a HEPA filter or vented to the outdoors. Vacuuming with a standard vacuum will usually just spread the dust, etc. around the room.
An alternative is take the mattress and box spring outside and give it a good beating or just replace it every couple of years.
Lastly, any computers in the room? I find the wall behind mine gets a layer of dust build up on it from the air which is circulated through the computer's CPU unit.
[This message has been edited by DanO (edited December 10, 2003).]
Dryer vent opinion - looking for Dan-o's expert opinion
Forced to vent dryer indoors - dust-o-rama
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!