I own a craftsman 1/2 Hp garage door opener that has a motion detecting control console mounted on the wall. The light will not stop blinking and the garage door opener will not operate. The light will not even come on. The manual does not have a trouble shooting section and of course I want to investigate more before paying for needless repairs or replacement of the product. The opener is about 3 1/2 years old.
Thanks for any suggestions
I'm unclear of your problem. But here are some ideas. If the light is blinking on the motion detector that senses if anything is blocking the area immediately beneath where the door closes, the sensors may be misaligned. There should be a sensor at one end and a light emitting from the other side. They need to be pointing right at each other. If the situation is that you have a blinking light on the panel that's mounted, say, near the door that leads to the inside of the house, press and hold the buttong that has a picture of a LOCK on it. If you have such a button, it is used to lock out ALL remotes (for say when you go on vacation, you don't want someone's random remote opening your garage door). When it stops blinking, your remote should work again.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!