Also there are dozens of smaller things that should be checked before such a major repair. Sorry to rant but this just irked me.
GE washer designs of late have been noted for attempting to spin while in agitation. This causes water to overflow the tub and end up on the floor. You might be able to see if such is happening by opening the lid during the wash. BTW. It is normal to the wash tub to index (move an inch or two at a time) but not to do any full, uninterrupted rotations.
If this is the cause in your case, the transmission will either need to be serviced or replaced. If that is not the cause, opening the machine and looking for the point of origin will likely be necessary. A leak on a washer or dishwasher will often leave a trail of soap scum along it's path from the highest point.
The Appliance Information Site
[This message has been edited by DanO (edited February 12, 2004).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes