Front load washer/dryer
What do you experts say? Is the convenience of not bending over worth it?
Does it live up to it's claims of better wear and tear on clothes?
1300 is a lot to spend on a washer, plus 800 or so on the matching dryer..but I have a bad back, and a limited yearly clothing budget. Thanks for all advice!
I suppose I am a little silly, but I do like my appliances to match...it really annoyed me when my apartment complex brought me a beige dryer when our white one went kaput!
That's a personal issue that I really should work on!
I have seen some wildy varying prices on this particular set, and I wish I knew the model name/number to share with you, but we really haven't gotten that far along in the process. We just signed the mortgage application papers yesterday, so the appliance purchase is really a few weeks away still. Gotta spend time looking at paint color and furniture layout too!
I'm a little confused. You will likely need to bend over to load and unload a front load washer the same as you currently do a dryer.
** Does it live up to it's claims of better wear and tear on clothes? **
Usually but it would depend on how hard a particular top load washer was on clothes which you're comparing it to. Generally speaking yes, a front load washer is suppose to be gentler on clothing.
** I think you can do better than those prices!--shop around! **
You (and others) might be interested in this article:
LINK > Price Fixing In The Appliance Industry
** Hopefully DanO will respond with some REAL appliance insight. **
Most of the insights I can share about purchasing new appliances are in the pages of my web site (linked below) in 'The Purchase' section. I hope that information helps to point out some considerations.
The Appliance Information Site
I'll check out those links you provided, Thank you!
Thanks would help with the stooping to get clothes in and out.
That would be a Whirlpool (also available as a Kenmore). In my opinion, the best domestic front loader sold today. The other front loader Kenmore sells is a Frigidaire, a good machine for a year or so but I have seen a lot of bearing failures and motor control board failures.
The ***** salesperson priced matched +10% of the difference for the washer, which brought it down to 997. There was also a $ 100 rebate, as well as some gift cards for later purchases, and free delivery.
We elected to skip the maintenance agreement for now, but we are understanding that we can add it within the next two weeks.
Sales person then started talking about the special detergent we need...UGH! I haven't seen it in stores, can I only get it from ***** ? I usually buy detergent at Costco's/BJ's for my family of 5! I've also heard that you can just use LESS of the regular detergent. Any input??
Thanks for all your help!
Tide "HE" (high efficiency) is usually available in most stores and there are other brands as well.
My mom's friend had one that made a horrible noise, and the dealer told her it was because it wasn't on a cement floor.
My laundry room is on the 2nd floor, near the kids' bedrooms, and noise would be a problem. Thanks in advance!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees