Front load washer/dryer
What do you experts say? Is the convenience of not bending over worth it?
Does it live up to it's claims of better wear and tear on clothes?
1300 is a lot to spend on a washer, plus 800 or so on the matching dryer..but I have a bad back, and a limited yearly clothing budget. Thanks for all advice!
I suppose I am a little silly, but I do like my appliances to match...it really annoyed me when my apartment complex brought me a beige dryer when our white one went kaput!
That's a personal issue that I really should work on!
I have seen some wildy varying prices on this particular set, and I wish I knew the model name/number to share with you, but we really haven't gotten that far along in the process. We just signed the mortgage application papers yesterday, so the appliance purchase is really a few weeks away still. Gotta spend time looking at paint color and furniture layout too!
I'm a little confused. You will likely need to bend over to load and unload a front load washer the same as you currently do a dryer.
** Does it live up to it's claims of better wear and tear on clothes? **
Usually but it would depend on how hard a particular top load washer was on clothes which you're comparing it to. Generally speaking yes, a front load washer is suppose to be gentler on clothing.
** I think you can do better than those prices!--shop around! **
You (and others) might be interested in this article:
** Hopefully DanO will respond with some REAL appliance insight. **
Most of the insights I can share about purchasing new appliances are in the pages of my web site (linked below) in 'The Purchase' section. I hope that information helps to point out some considerations.
The Appliance Information Site
I'll check out those links you provided, Thank you!
Thanks would help with the stooping to get clothes in and out.
That would be a Whirlpool (also available as a Kenmore). In my opinion, the best domestic front loader sold today. The other front loader Kenmore sells is a Frigidaire, a good machine for a year or so but I have seen a lot of bearing failures and motor control board failures.
The ***** salesperson priced matched +10% of the difference for the washer, which brought it down to 997. There was also a $ 100 rebate, as well as some gift cards for later purchases, and free delivery.
We elected to skip the maintenance agreement for now, but we are understanding that we can add it within the next two weeks.
Sales person then started talking about the special detergent we need...UGH! I haven't seen it in stores, can I only get it from ***** ? I usually buy detergent at Costco's/BJ's for my family of 5! I've also heard that you can just use LESS of the regular detergent. Any input??
Thanks for all your help!
Tide "HE" (high efficiency) is usually available in most stores and there are other brands as well.
My mom's friend had one that made a horrible noise, and the dealer told her it was because it wasn't on a cement floor.
My laundry room is on the 2nd floor, near the kids' bedrooms, and noise would be a problem. Thanks in advance!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- How to Make Concrete Letters
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps