replacing an electric range
If the wall outlet matches the new range's cord plug... sure. Unfortunately (for some) most newer ranges come with a 4 prong plug and many older ones used only a 3 prong. In that case a new 4 lead (3 + ground) branch circuit may need to be installed from the house fuse/breaker panel and an appropriate wall outlet installed.
BTW. It is now the law in most areas that ranges must have 'anti-tip' brackets installed for them. They come with the new range and are not that difficult to mount but will need to be done when replacing an older range.
** DanO post those schematics again **
Sorry but I don't recall where that image was uploaded to. Maybe you could look for the other message which had it and link to that message?
The Appliance Information Site
[This message has been edited by DanO (edited February 09, 2004).]
Electric Range under a window
Front Burner Possibly Stays On—Kenmore Model #911.93578
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes