I am going to finish my basement. How do I attach the treated plate for partition walls to the concrete? Thanks in advance.
I have tried several methods. I have not had much success after many attempts at using the .22 caliber "power" nails. They work so-so for temporary things, but the best way I have found is to drill holes and use the self-tapping concrete screws. You get a correctly sized masonry drill bit with a "starter" pack of 25 or 50 screws. Go ahead and place the treated plate with the studs attached and fit it into place. once it's where you want it, use the masonry bit to drill through the treated wood bottom plate and then into the concrete to the correct depth. Then use a drill (or screw gun if you have one) to put the screws in. The only thing you have to be careful with is when you drive the screws into the concrete, do it all in one motion. If you stop with the head of the screw say, a quarter inch above the wood, you risk snapping off the screw when you try to re-drive it in.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!