We had the same problem with our Kenmore range purchased in 2007. I forgot how ridiculous this design was and removed the door for a thorough cleaning after the oven cleaning cycle was done. Fortunately my husband is also retired so he had the muscle to pry the hinge in a fully opened position plus the tools to keep the hinges unlocked. The design may prevent improper door removal (by kids) but is a bleeping nuisance for anyone else. This one chore took several hours, the least of which involved actual cleaning. Shame on you, whoever dreamed up this design. When the hinges snap back (and they do) my husband was glad one of his fingers wasn't in the way!!!!
WOW. That's all I can say. I've been wrestling with my Kenmore door all day. The nail trick was magic. Thanks so much.
Thanks for this, I was really frustrated until I found this. I used my foot to bend the hinge down and a screwdriver to move the locking pin back into place, just in case the hinge snapped back I didn't want my fingers near it.
Thank you for all the advice! Oh my! We worked on getting the door back on our Kenmore oven for two hours! We finally found this post, used a nail to hold the hinge open and alleluia! It worked! Thank you so much!
Frigidaire Direct Drive Washer
oven door taken off
Interior door doesn't fit after carpet installation!
In need of smartshed parts!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!