We had the same problem with our Kenmore range purchased in 2007. I forgot how ridiculous this design was and removed the door for a thorough cleaning after the oven cleaning cycle was done. Fortunately my husband is also retired so he had the muscle to pry the hinge in a fully opened position plus the tools to keep the hinges unlocked. The design may prevent improper door removal (by kids) but is a bleeping nuisance for anyone else. This one chore took several hours, the least of which involved actual cleaning. Shame on you, whoever dreamed up this design. When the hinges snap back (and they do) my husband was glad one of his fingers wasn't in the way!!!!
WOW. That's all I can say. I've been wrestling with my Kenmore door all day. The nail trick was magic. Thanks so much.
Thanks for this, I was really frustrated until I found this. I used my foot to bend the hinge down and a screwdriver to move the locking pin back into place, just in case the hinge snapped back I didn't want my fingers near it.
Thank you for all the advice! Oh my! We worked on getting the door back on our Kenmore oven for two hours! We finally found this post, used a nail to hold the hinge open and alleluia! It worked! Thank you so much!
Frigidaire Direct Drive Washer
oven door taken off
Interior door doesn't fit after carpet installation!
In need of smartshed parts!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees