We had the same problem with our Kenmore range purchased in 2007. I forgot how ridiculous this design was and removed the door for a thorough cleaning after the oven cleaning cycle was done. Fortunately my husband is also retired so he had the muscle to pry the hinge in a fully opened position plus the tools to keep the hinges unlocked. The design may prevent improper door removal (by kids) but is a bleeping nuisance for anyone else. This one chore took several hours, the least of which involved actual cleaning. Shame on you, whoever dreamed up this design. When the hinges snap back (and they do) my husband was glad one of his fingers wasn't in the way!!!!
WOW. That's all I can say. I've been wrestling with my Kenmore door all day. The nail trick was magic. Thanks so much.
Frigidaire Direct Drive Washer
oven door taken off
Interior door doesn't fit after carpet installation!
In need of smartshed parts!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers