We had the same problem with our Kenmore range purchased in 2007. I forgot how ridiculous this design was and removed the door for a thorough cleaning after the oven cleaning cycle was done. Fortunately my husband is also retired so he had the muscle to pry the hinge in a fully opened position plus the tools to keep the hinges unlocked. The design may prevent improper door removal (by kids) but is a bleeping nuisance for anyone else. This one chore took several hours, the least of which involved actual cleaning. Shame on you, whoever dreamed up this design. When the hinges snap back (and they do) my husband was glad one of his fingers wasn't in the way!!!!
WOW. That's all I can say. I've been wrestling with my Kenmore door all day. The nail trick was magic. Thanks so much.
Thanks for this, I was really frustrated until I found this. I used my foot to bend the hinge down and a screwdriver to move the locking pin back into place, just in case the hinge snapped back I didn't want my fingers near it.
Thank you for all the advice! Oh my! We worked on getting the door back on our Kenmore oven for two hours! We finally found this post, used a nail to hold the hinge open and alleluia! It worked! Thank you so much!
Frigidaire Direct Drive Washer
oven door taken off
Interior door doesn't fit after carpet installation!
In need of smartshed parts!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes