We had the same problem with our Kenmore range purchased in 2007. I forgot how ridiculous this design was and removed the door for a thorough cleaning after the oven cleaning cycle was done. Fortunately my husband is also retired so he had the muscle to pry the hinge in a fully opened position plus the tools to keep the hinges unlocked. The design may prevent improper door removal (by kids) but is a bleeping nuisance for anyone else. This one chore took several hours, the least of which involved actual cleaning. Shame on you, whoever dreamed up this design. When the hinges snap back (and they do) my husband was glad one of his fingers wasn't in the way!!!!
WOW. That's all I can say. I've been wrestling with my Kenmore door all day. The nail trick was magic. Thanks so much.
Thanks for this, I was really frustrated until I found this. I used my foot to bend the hinge down and a screwdriver to move the locking pin back into place, just in case the hinge snapped back I didn't want my fingers near it.
Thank you for all the advice! Oh my! We worked on getting the door back on our Kenmore oven for two hours! We finally found this post, used a nail to hold the hinge open and alleluia! It worked! Thank you so much!
Frigidaire Direct Drive Washer
oven door taken off
Interior door doesn't fit after carpet installation!
In need of smartshed parts!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love