I need to move the gas stove so that i can remove the existing vinyl floor and paint behind it. Then i am laying a new tile floor. Because of the age of our house, i can not find a local shot off to the gas line. If i shot off the main line can i temporarily cap the gas line to the stove so that i continue to have gas for my water heater? What supplies do i need?
If you shut off the main gas line that is the time to get a new gas valve for the line. It should be mounted on the stub where it terminates behind the stove. You may need new flex line to make final connections. Check the thread diameter of the gas line, buy the valve and teflon paste (pipe dope) or teflon tape. Be sure to use the teflon paste on the outside threads of the gas line, then install the new valve. It opens and closes with a 90 degree turn. You can then restore gas service to the house, light all pilots and work on the vinyl paint.
DRYER - Gas or electric???
Adding gas line to wood burning fireplace as log sta...
running a gas line
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!