I need to move the gas stove so that i can remove the existing vinyl floor and paint behind it. Then i am laying a new tile floor. Because of the age of our house, i can not find a local shot off to the gas line. If i shot off the main line can i temporarily cap the gas line to the stove so that i continue to have gas for my water heater? What supplies do i need?
If you shut off the main gas line that is the time to get a new gas valve for the line. It should be mounted on the stub where it terminates behind the stove. You may need new flex line to make final connections. Check the thread diameter of the gas line, buy the valve and teflon paste (pipe dope) or teflon tape. Be sure to use the teflon paste on the outside threads of the gas line, then install the new valve. It opens and closes with a 90 degree turn. You can then restore gas service to the house, light all pilots and work on the vinyl paint.
DRYER - Gas or electric???
Adding gas line to wood burning fireplace as log sta...
running a gas line
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects