can anyone tell me if you have to remove drywall to put up panels or can i just put right over drywall. and if i put up chair rail do i have to cut or can i just put up flat. can paneling go flushed with bottom of baseboard. thanks for any input. i dont want to replace all the baseboard molding.
Actually, it is better in my opinion to go over some kind of solid surface when using paneling. It will keep your panelling from bowing. As for the base boards, your can go flush if you like, not sure how good that will look though. I would remove the base boards and run the panelling to the floor and then put the base boards back. Be very careful taking the base boards off...take your time and they will come off all in one piece.
I agree, leave the drywall. It's better for two reasons: sound blocking and stability for the paneling. Definately remove the base boards, you will like the finished look much better. Paneling has a tendancy to fray when cut, the base board will hide that and floors and ceilings are not always straight.
1/2" Surface Mounted Offset hinges, do they exsist?
mold in attic and above ceiling tiles
hot water baseboard remova;
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes