My Calypso washer was purchased in 2001, at first, I was happy to find a washer to accomodate our King Size linens. Additionally, with 5 people in our family, the laundry task was eased up a bit. That lasted about 6 months. At first, something happened with the electronic codes. I wasn't sure about it. Then something went wrong about every 3-6 months. Sometimes parts were needed other times not. Most times I had to wait a minimum of 5-7 days to get it fixed.
We bought the Calypso because of the sales-person's recommendation. I had wanted the Neptune but we were told they had essentially the same features. Today is October 8,2004 and my washer is still out of commission since the repairman's visit on AUGUST 30,2004. I am waiting for a new basket from Whirlpool on back order with a release date of October 16,2004. And that is not guaranteed.
Trying to find the part myself, because ***** stated they had tried over 20 distributors, I discovered a class-action lawsuit for unsatisfied Calypso owners. I phoned ***** "Customer Service" regarding this lawsuit and indicated all that I want is credit for the Calypso toward the purchase of a Neptune (which was my first preference- I guess commission is higher on ***** products)
They offered rental reimbursement AFTER the part comes in, I do not have room in my basement for rental and the Calypso. With no limit on the length of time-frame. I could paid for a new washer in some case at $140/month rental. I am not in a position to get into anymore payments.
***** may be "where America shops" - not this American any longer unless there satisfaction. Word of mouth on bad service/products spreads faster and does more harm than all the radio/TV spots.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes