My Calypso washer was purchased in 2001, at first, I was happy to find a washer to accomodate our King Size linens. Additionally, with 5 people in our family, the laundry task was eased up a bit. That lasted about 6 months. At first, something happened with the electronic codes. I wasn't sure about it. Then something went wrong about every 3-6 months. Sometimes parts were needed other times not. Most times I had to wait a minimum of 5-7 days to get it fixed.
We bought the Calypso because of the sales-person's recommendation. I had wanted the Neptune but we were told they had essentially the same features. Today is October 8,2004 and my washer is still out of commission since the repairman's visit on AUGUST 30,2004. I am waiting for a new basket from Whirlpool on back order with a release date of October 16,2004. And that is not guaranteed.
Trying to find the part myself, because ***** stated they had tried over 20 distributors, I discovered a class-action lawsuit for unsatisfied Calypso owners. I phoned ***** "Customer Service" regarding this lawsuit and indicated all that I want is credit for the Calypso toward the purchase of a Neptune (which was my first preference- I guess commission is higher on ***** products)
They offered rental reimbursement AFTER the part comes in, I do not have room in my basement for rental and the Calypso. With no limit on the length of time-frame. I could paid for a new washer in some case at $140/month rental. I am not in a position to get into anymore payments.
***** may be "where America shops" - not this American any longer unless there satisfaction. Word of mouth on bad service/products spreads faster and does more harm than all the radio/TV spots.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects