My Calypso washer was purchased in 2001, at first, I was happy to find a washer to accomodate our King Size linens. Additionally, with 5 people in our family, the laundry task was eased up a bit. That lasted about 6 months. At first, something happened with the electronic codes. I wasn't sure about it. Then something went wrong about every 3-6 months. Sometimes parts were needed other times not. Most times I had to wait a minimum of 5-7 days to get it fixed.
We bought the Calypso because of the sales-person's recommendation. I had wanted the Neptune but we were told they had essentially the same features. Today is October 8,2004 and my washer is still out of commission since the repairman's visit on AUGUST 30,2004. I am waiting for a new basket from Whirlpool on back order with a release date of October 16,2004. And that is not guaranteed.
Trying to find the part myself, because ***** stated they had tried over 20 distributors, I discovered a class-action lawsuit for unsatisfied Calypso owners. I phoned ***** "Customer Service" regarding this lawsuit and indicated all that I want is credit for the Calypso toward the purchase of a Neptune (which was my first preference- I guess commission is higher on ***** products)
They offered rental reimbursement AFTER the part comes in, I do not have room in my basement for rental and the Calypso. With no limit on the length of time-frame. I could paid for a new washer in some case at $140/month rental. I am not in a position to get into anymore payments.
***** may be "where America shops" - not this American any longer unless there satisfaction. Word of mouth on bad service/products spreads faster and does more harm than all the radio/TV spots.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!