My Calypso washer was purchased in 2001, at first, I was happy to find a washer to accomodate our King Size linens. Additionally, with 5 people in our family, the laundry task was eased up a bit. That lasted about 6 months. At first, something happened with the electronic codes. I wasn't sure about it. Then something went wrong about every 3-6 months. Sometimes parts were needed other times not. Most times I had to wait a minimum of 5-7 days to get it fixed.
We bought the Calypso because of the sales-person's recommendation. I had wanted the Neptune but we were told they had essentially the same features. Today is October 8,2004 and my washer is still out of commission since the repairman's visit on AUGUST 30,2004. I am waiting for a new basket from Whirlpool on back order with a release date of October 16,2004. And that is not guaranteed.
Trying to find the part myself, because ***** stated they had tried over 20 distributors, I discovered a class-action lawsuit for unsatisfied Calypso owners. I phoned ***** "Customer Service" regarding this lawsuit and indicated all that I want is credit for the Calypso toward the purchase of a Neptune (which was my first preference- I guess commission is higher on ***** products)
They offered rental reimbursement AFTER the part comes in, I do not have room in my basement for rental and the Calypso. With no limit on the length of time-frame. I could paid for a new washer in some case at $140/month rental. I am not in a position to get into anymore payments.
***** may be "where America shops" - not this American any longer unless there satisfaction. Word of mouth on bad service/products spreads faster and does more harm than all the radio/TV spots.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!