Working with wood I would like to attach the top to the sides without exposing the screws. I realize I can angle the screw in and would like this countered sunk. How do I pull this off, what kinda of drill bit (S), etc.?When you angle from the inside (unexposed) the bit slips and the head of the screw isn't sunk.
I've had a little success by starting the hole with a punch. Then use a very small drill bit to make the initial hole at the right angle -- then follow with successively larger drill bits until you get the size hole you want.
Professional woodworkers use a special tool to do this and i cannot think of what it is called i think it is called pocket joinery. It's purpose is to join stiles in cabinetry. I think it is the type of joint you are lookink for, and it can be done using a jig and a router. Although professional machines are available. I really don't know much about it but maybe you can do a search for pocket joinery jig and find some information on details of this procedure. Sorry i can't help more but woodworking is just a hobby of mine and i have only just started it. As you can tell by my user name i am an electrician which i know much more about than woodworking.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!