I'm remodeling -- traditional style -- and need to select baseboard moulding. I picked 3 1/2" casing. Have a choice of 4 1/4 or 5 1/4" baseboard. Any recommendations? Is 5 1/4" too wide?? How much more does it cost than 4 1/4"?? Any help will be greatly appreciated. My builder is doing all the work. I just pick and pay.
My suggestion is this: get a sample piece of each size, place it in a location where it will be installed, and see which you prefer.
I would go with the 5" 1/4 baseboards with your 3" 1/2 casings. I recently went through the same dilemma as we completely changed all doors, door frames, casings, baseboards, etc on the first floor. My wife and are very pleased with the final results.
BTW in the bedroom we went with 6" 1/2 baseboards to go with the 4" 1/4 casings that we installed.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips