I'm remodeling -- traditional style -- and need to select baseboard moulding. I picked 3 1/2" casing. Have a choice of 4 1/4 or 5 1/4" baseboard. Any recommendations? Is 5 1/4" too wide?? How much more does it cost than 4 1/4"?? Any help will be greatly appreciated. My builder is doing all the work. I just pick and pay.
My suggestion is this: get a sample piece of each size, place it in a location where it will be installed, and see which you prefer.
I would go with the 5" 1/4 baseboards with your 3" 1/2 casings. I recently went through the same dilemma as we completely changed all doors, door frames, casings, baseboards, etc on the first floor. My wife and are very pleased with the final results.
BTW in the bedroom we went with 6" 1/2 baseboards to go with the 4" 1/4 casings that we installed.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!