I'm remodeling -- traditional style -- and need to select baseboard moulding. I picked 3 1/2" casing. Have a choice of 4 1/4 or 5 1/4" baseboard. Any recommendations? Is 5 1/4" too wide?? How much more does it cost than 4 1/4"?? Any help will be greatly appreciated. My builder is doing all the work. I just pick and pay.
My suggestion is this: get a sample piece of each size, place it in a location where it will be installed, and see which you prefer.
I would go with the 5" 1/4 baseboards with your 3" 1/2 casings. I recently went through the same dilemma as we completely changed all doors, door frames, casings, baseboards, etc on the first floor. My wife and are very pleased with the final results.
BTW in the bedroom we went with 6" 1/2 baseboards to go with the 4" 1/4 casings that we installed.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects