Carpeting was recently installed in my kitchen and laundry room with pad under it. Since then my washing machine shakes like it wants to take off into space when the spin cycle comes on. The dryer seems to shake a little now also. Everything is leveled so my theory is that the carpeting and pad (mostly the pad) are not a good idea. Any other opinions on this?
why carpet a laundry room?? you are only asking for trouble if you have a water spill/leak and the first time you spill bleach..... The washer needs a firm footing to prevent movement during the spin cycle. it it were my laundry, i would remove the carpet and install ceramic tile. and if you want softee under your feet, install a throw rug.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!