I've recently bought a small condo in Hawaii in a concrete building and want to put in false wood beams for decorative purposes and also to facilitate the installation of ceiling fans (covering up wiring, etc.). I would appreciate any information on where to purchase or make beams and how I should connect them to the concrete ceiling / walls.
I would attach a 2x6 to the ceiling. Build a box beam out of two 1x4's for the sides and a 1x6 for the bottom. Nail them together in a U shape and stick em to the ceiling. It helps to have three people to install. One to hold down on the center and two to push the beam ends into place. After the ends are up, the center can be eased up into place and the whole thing fastened to the 2x6.
finding a wall stud.....
Wiring for lamp post never installed - how can I fin...
Screened in porch
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips