I've recently bought a small condo in Hawaii in a concrete building and want to put in false wood beams for decorative purposes and also to facilitate the installation of ceiling fans (covering up wiring, etc.). I would appreciate any information on where to purchase or make beams and how I should connect them to the concrete ceiling / walls.
I would attach a 2x6 to the ceiling. Build a box beam out of two 1x4's for the sides and a 1x6 for the bottom. Nail them together in a U shape and stick em to the ceiling. It helps to have three people to install. One to hold down on the center and two to push the beam ends into place. After the ends are up, the center can be eased up into place and the whole thing fastened to the 2x6.
finding a wall stud.....
Wiring for lamp post never installed - how can I fin...
Screened in porch
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide