I've recently bought a small condo in Hawaii in a concrete building and want to put in false wood beams for decorative purposes and also to facilitate the installation of ceiling fans (covering up wiring, etc.). I would appreciate any information on where to purchase or make beams and how I should connect them to the concrete ceiling / walls.
I would attach a 2x6 to the ceiling. Build a box beam out of two 1x4's for the sides and a 1x6 for the bottom. Nail them together in a U shape and stick em to the ceiling. It helps to have three people to install. One to hold down on the center and two to push the beam ends into place. After the ends are up, the center can be eased up into place and the whole thing fastened to the 2x6.
finding a wall stud.....
Wiring for lamp post never installed - how can I fin...
Screened in porch
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love