We had a power outage two days ago because of a snow storm. When the lights came back on I found the Payne Forced Air Gas Furnace did not. Apparently the outage tripped some switch to stop the gas flow coming into the furnace.
I CANNOT for the life of me, find the doggone reset switch. I found a switch inside the unit that looks like a regular wall light switch and I thought that was it, but after hours of blowing I realized there was only cold air coming out. Can someone please help me locate the reset switch. I must have looked everywhere except where the switch it.
I'm desperate. I called my landlord and he said it's my problem and I can't call a repairman, I can't afford it!
Please help before the kids and I freeze. lol
It's probably a little late, but my first thought is that the pilot light is out. Do you know how to check it?
if you ever find that button LET ME KNOW! I know more about how a furance works now more than i care to ever know.... I have the manual and it gives great detail to where the button is on paper. The button is no where to be found. the part that is going to upset me the most and get frosty moved out is a fat repair man that is going to hit my button and charge me 50 bucks (if i am lucky).
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!