We had a power outage two days ago because of a snow storm. When the lights came back on I found the Payne Forced Air Gas Furnace did not. Apparently the outage tripped some switch to stop the gas flow coming into the furnace.
I CANNOT for the life of me, find the doggone reset switch. I found a switch inside the unit that looks like a regular wall light switch and I thought that was it, but after hours of blowing I realized there was only cold air coming out. Can someone please help me locate the reset switch. I must have looked everywhere except where the switch it.
I'm desperate. I called my landlord and he said it's my problem and I can't call a repairman, I can't afford it!
Please help before the kids and I freeze. lol
It's probably a little late, but my first thought is that the pilot light is out. Do you know how to check it?
if you ever find that button LET ME KNOW! I know more about how a furance works now more than i care to ever know.... I have the manual and it gives great detail to where the button is on paper. The button is no where to be found. the part that is going to upset me the most and get frosty moved out is a fat repair man that is going to hit my button and charge me 50 bucks (if i am lucky).
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps