We had a power outage two days ago because of a snow storm. When the lights came back on I found the Payne Forced Air Gas Furnace did not. Apparently the outage tripped some switch to stop the gas flow coming into the furnace.
I CANNOT for the life of me, find the doggone reset switch. I found a switch inside the unit that looks like a regular wall light switch and I thought that was it, but after hours of blowing I realized there was only cold air coming out. Can someone please help me locate the reset switch. I must have looked everywhere except where the switch it.
I'm desperate. I called my landlord and he said it's my problem and I can't call a repairman, I can't afford it!
Please help before the kids and I freeze. lol
It's probably a little late, but my first thought is that the pilot light is out. Do you know how to check it?
if you ever find that button LET ME KNOW! I know more about how a furance works now more than i care to ever know.... I have the manual and it gives great detail to where the button is on paper. The button is no where to be found. the part that is going to upset me the most and get frosty moved out is a fat repair man that is going to hit my button and charge me 50 bucks (if i am lucky).
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees