My first time posting but I'm optimistic someone can help me! Our Craftsman garage door remote has suddenly stopped working. (It's the one with the 3 blue buttons if that helps at all.) We thought it was simply out of batteries but after replacing the lithium battery it still didn't work. Neither did getting a new remote all together.
Strangely, the keypad entry outside the garage and the main wall control in the garage both work great. But not the remote we use in the car. I have tried re-programming it according to the directions (hold the red button on the unit and then holding down the button on the remote) but the light never flashes and when it goes off the remote doesn't work...
Anyone have this problem before or have any ideas at all??
Thanks in advance!
A power surge may have fried the circuit board. You can replace this part if you're mechanically and electrically savvy. It's cheaper than replacing the entire unit, but be prepared to pay ~70 bucks. If this turns out to be the problem, invest in a surge suppressor.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips