My first time posting but I'm optimistic someone can help me! Our Craftsman garage door remote has suddenly stopped working. (It's the one with the 3 blue buttons if that helps at all.) We thought it was simply out of batteries but after replacing the lithium battery it still didn't work. Neither did getting a new remote all together.
Strangely, the keypad entry outside the garage and the main wall control in the garage both work great. But not the remote we use in the car. I have tried re-programming it according to the directions (hold the red button on the unit and then holding down the button on the remote) but the light never flashes and when it goes off the remote doesn't work...
Anyone have this problem before or have any ideas at all??
Thanks in advance!
A power surge may have fried the circuit board. You can replace this part if you're mechanically and electrically savvy. It's cheaper than replacing the entire unit, but be prepared to pay ~70 bucks. If this turns out to be the problem, invest in a surge suppressor.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Celebrity Kitchens: Get the Look
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- Believe It or Not: 9 Incredible Faux Finishes You Can Do Yourself
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs