My first time posting but I'm optimistic someone can help me! Our Craftsman garage door remote has suddenly stopped working. (It's the one with the 3 blue buttons if that helps at all.) We thought it was simply out of batteries but after replacing the lithium battery it still didn't work. Neither did getting a new remote all together.
Strangely, the keypad entry outside the garage and the main wall control in the garage both work great. But not the remote we use in the car. I have tried re-programming it according to the directions (hold the red button on the unit and then holding down the button on the remote) but the light never flashes and when it goes off the remote doesn't work...
Anyone have this problem before or have any ideas at all??
Thanks in advance!
A power surge may have fried the circuit board. You can replace this part if you're mechanically and electrically savvy. It's cheaper than replacing the entire unit, but be prepared to pay ~70 bucks. If this turns out to be the problem, invest in a surge suppressor.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING