My first time posting but I'm optimistic someone can help me! Our Craftsman garage door remote has suddenly stopped working. (It's the one with the 3 blue buttons if that helps at all.) We thought it was simply out of batteries but after replacing the lithium battery it still didn't work. Neither did getting a new remote all together.
Strangely, the keypad entry outside the garage and the main wall control in the garage both work great. But not the remote we use in the car. I have tried re-programming it according to the directions (hold the red button on the unit and then holding down the button on the remote) but the light never flashes and when it goes off the remote doesn't work...
Anyone have this problem before or have any ideas at all??
Thanks in advance!
A power surge may have fried the circuit board. You can replace this part if you're mechanically and electrically savvy. It's cheaper than replacing the entire unit, but be prepared to pay ~70 bucks. If this turns out to be the problem, invest in a surge suppressor.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love