My first time posting but I'm optimistic someone can help me! Our Craftsman garage door remote has suddenly stopped working. (It's the one with the 3 blue buttons if that helps at all.) We thought it was simply out of batteries but after replacing the lithium battery it still didn't work. Neither did getting a new remote all together.
Strangely, the keypad entry outside the garage and the main wall control in the garage both work great. But not the remote we use in the car. I have tried re-programming it according to the directions (hold the red button on the unit and then holding down the button on the remote) but the light never flashes and when it goes off the remote doesn't work...
Anyone have this problem before or have any ideas at all??
Thanks in advance!
A power surge may have fried the circuit board. You can replace this part if you're mechanically and electrically savvy. It's cheaper than replacing the entire unit, but be prepared to pay ~70 bucks. If this turns out to be the problem, invest in a surge suppressor.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps