I would like to dress up my home with some window treatements I saw in a model home.
The drywall opening for the window was cased with some fluted 1x4's, plint blocks, and some crown molding looking shelf above the window. I am searching for a book(s) which covers those sorts of finishings and additionally how to properly do crown moldings. Also, any suggestions on a beginning router book would be appreciated. My level of experience is beginner to intermediate. I've been to Amazon.com but would like suggestions from someone who is experienced. Could someone suggest such a book(s)
I recently bought a book that might interest you. The name of the book is "Trim Carpentry Techniques" by Craig Savage. The book is published by The Taunton Press. There is also a companion video available. The book was recommended by a woodworker who writes a weekly column for a Toronto newspaper. I found the book to be excellent, lots of tips and great information. I hope this helps.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight