I would like to dress up my home with some window treatements I saw in a model home.
The drywall opening for the window was cased with some fluted 1x4's, plint blocks, and some crown molding looking shelf above the window. I am searching for a book(s) which covers those sorts of finishings and additionally how to properly do crown moldings. Also, any suggestions on a beginning router book would be appreciated. My level of experience is beginner to intermediate. I've been to Amazon.com but would like suggestions from someone who is experienced. Could someone suggest such a book(s)
I recently bought a book that might interest you. The name of the book is "Trim Carpentry Techniques" by Craig Savage. The book is published by The Taunton Press. There is also a companion video available. The book was recommended by a woodworker who writes a weekly column for a Toronto newspaper. I found the book to be excellent, lots of tips and great information. I hope this helps.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!