I would like to dress up my home with some window treatements I saw in a model home.
The drywall opening for the window was cased with some fluted 1x4's, plint blocks, and some crown molding looking shelf above the window. I am searching for a book(s) which covers those sorts of finishings and additionally how to properly do crown moldings. Also, any suggestions on a beginning router book would be appreciated. My level of experience is beginner to intermediate. I've been to Amazon.com but would like suggestions from someone who is experienced. Could someone suggest such a book(s)
I recently bought a book that might interest you. The name of the book is "Trim Carpentry Techniques" by Craig Savage. The book is published by The Taunton Press. There is also a companion video available. The book was recommended by a woodworker who writes a weekly column for a Toronto newspaper. I found the book to be excellent, lots of tips and great information. I hope this helps.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!