I have a coin-operated washing machine. After inserting the money and pushing the slot in it got stuck right before it drops the quarters and starts the machine. I can't push it in nor pull it out and jiggling/hitting it didn't help either! Any suggestions for fixing it before I call a technician?
Possible broken/worn out part in the slide itself or more likely one of the quarters was bent or gouged. Either way the slide has to be removed.
thank you very much for your replies. unfortunately I never received a key to the access panel. I ended up breaking the lock (which the repairman I called said he'd have to do anyway) and found a screw had fallen off and jammed the slider. I fixed that and a few other loose screws and its working perfectly now, just need to get a new lock.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING