I have a coin-operated washing machine. After inserting the money and pushing the slot in it got stuck right before it drops the quarters and starts the machine. I can't push it in nor pull it out and jiggling/hitting it didn't help either! Any suggestions for fixing it before I call a technician?
Possible broken/worn out part in the slide itself or more likely one of the quarters was bent or gouged. Either way the slide has to be removed.
thank you very much for your replies. unfortunately I never received a key to the access panel. I ended up breaking the lock (which the repairman I called said he'd have to do anyway) and found a screw had fallen off and jammed the slider. I fixed that and a few other loose screws and its working perfectly now, just need to get a new lock.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers