I have a coin-operated washing machine. After inserting the money and pushing the slot in it got stuck right before it drops the quarters and starts the machine. I can't push it in nor pull it out and jiggling/hitting it didn't help either! Any suggestions for fixing it before I call a technician?
Possible broken/worn out part in the slide itself or more likely one of the quarters was bent or gouged. Either way the slide has to be removed.
thank you very much for your replies. unfortunately I never received a key to the access panel. I ended up breaking the lock (which the repairman I called said he'd have to do anyway) and found a screw had fallen off and jammed the slider. I fixed that and a few other loose screws and its working perfectly now, just need to get a new lock.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight