Hello, I just built a planter box. I used pressure treated wood. My question is: Do I have painting options with pressure treated wood? We would like to paint it white. Is this possible? What is the prep work involved? Thank you for your time. -Steve
You can get solid color stains in a number of flat colors. Wait until the wood is definitely dry. Wash with deck cleaner/brightener for good adhesion. Apply stain. Cleaner & stain generally available anywhere selling paint.
There are coatings made for use on CCA (chromated copper arsenate)lumber right away, but if you want to use regular paint you have to allow time for the solvents in the treatment to evaporate, or they will come through the paint and degrade it. Be careful around this lumber, the chemicals are meant as poisons for various microbes and insects etc.
Staining pressure treated wood
How do I Flash over the New Type Pressure Treated Wood?
pressure treated or regular wood beams?
installing wood subfloor over conc. slab
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!