I just bot some joisthangers. Instead of the usual punch holes, these have flared material that pretty much dictates that any nailing will be toenailed, instead of straight in. Is this 'better?'
Yes, Nail the hangers on with teco nails, then toe nail the joists with 12d nails thru the punch outs. This just saves the step of toenailing the joists and then putting hangers on with tecos.
Help attaching joist hangers
Decks - Joist Hangers vs. Rafter Ties - Is One Better?
Need Advice, please!
Help! Hanging porch swing, weight issue
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!