I just bot some joisthangers. Instead of the usual punch holes, these have flared material that pretty much dictates that any nailing will be toenailed, instead of straight in. Is this 'better?'
Yes, Nail the hangers on with teco nails, then toe nail the joists with 12d nails thru the punch outs. This just saves the step of toenailing the joists and then putting hangers on with tecos.
Help attaching joist hangers
Decks - Joist Hangers vs. Rafter Ties - Is One Better?
Need Advice, please!
Help! Hanging porch swing, weight issue
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love