I just bot some joisthangers. Instead of the usual punch holes, these have flared material that pretty much dictates that any nailing will be toenailed, instead of straight in. Is this 'better?'
Yes, Nail the hangers on with teco nails, then toe nail the joists with 12d nails thru the punch outs. This just saves the step of toenailing the joists and then putting hangers on with tecos.
Help attaching joist hangers
Decks - Joist Hangers vs. Rafter Ties - Is One Better?
Need Advice, please!
Help! Hanging porch swing, weight issue
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!