I just bot some joisthangers. Instead of the usual punch holes, these have flared material that pretty much dictates that any nailing will be toenailed, instead of straight in. Is this 'better?'
Yes, Nail the hangers on with teco nails, then toe nail the joists with 12d nails thru the punch outs. This just saves the step of toenailing the joists and then putting hangers on with tecos.
Help attaching joist hangers
Decks - Joist Hangers vs. Rafter Ties - Is One Better?
Need Advice, please!
Help! Hanging porch swing, weight issue
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING