I just bot some joisthangers. Instead of the usual punch holes, these have flared material that pretty much dictates that any nailing will be toenailed, instead of straight in. Is this 'better?'
Yes, Nail the hangers on with teco nails, then toe nail the joists with 12d nails thru the punch outs. This just saves the step of toenailing the joists and then putting hangers on with tecos.
Help attaching joist hangers
Decks - Joist Hangers vs. Rafter Ties - Is One Better?
Need Advice, please!
Help! Hanging porch swing, weight issue
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects