In the New Cape Cod Style Home episode Terry Maiche showed how to enhance wood flooring with paint. I thought that I heard that she used plywood in the kitchen. There was no detailed discussion on what type of plywood to use, how to prep and install so that it can be used as a viable flooring system.
Did she also use plywood in the bedroom?
It was standard top grade 3/4" 4x8 sheets finished side up. She used regular oil based paint then sealer. The painted floors do not last as long as traditional flooring materials but since they are much less expensive you can change the look often.
We are moving into a large range that is built on slab. What types of flooring can be used on slab specifically hardwood. Must we install subfloors over the concrete and if so how do we do that. Also have you ever heard of finishing,staining, cutting into 18 x 18 tiles plywood and installing it as flooring?
Shouldn't the plywood flooring have been included?
Flooring in attic space
reinforcing roof truss for storage flooring
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!