have lived in a gutted (down-to-the-studs) house for 4 years.
The upstairs is complete.
The entire downstairs is gutted (no kitchen, flooring is not complete, no drywall, NOTHING!)
My husband was doing all the work and due to health reasons can no longer continue.
Where do I start?
Obviously I need a contractor‚Ä¶‚Ä¶.should floors come first?
There‚Äôs some electrical rerouting also.
I can figure this out but thought it would be easier if someone could just give me a ‚Äúpat‚Äù answer.
If i were you i probloy would start with the wiring then flooring the dry wall is easy to do you could handle that part if you want to save some money.
this note may come late but i just got on this web site. i have also lived in a shell of a house for a number of years. armed with little money and no skill . i went for it first the wireing. then plumbing. insulation . then dry wall. though i did not finish it at this time . then the floor even wafer board looked good for the time. i did learn alot about friends and family . if you have FOOD they will show up. do a little each day and by the weekend it will look better and take a small break.i know this. i wish you well and hope every thing works out!
One place to get a free idea of what to do first is from any bank or mortgage company. They have an ordered list of things that have to be done when a house is being built. They use these when they make construction loans to decide how, and how much to pay out on the loan as the various parts of the job are completed.
6 1/2" Crown Molding - HELP NEEDED
Living through major renovations - advice/help needed!
Help Needed to find a House Manufacturer
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- How to Refinish a Dresser
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY