have lived in a gutted (down-to-the-studs) house for 4 years.
The upstairs is complete.
The entire downstairs is gutted (no kitchen, flooring is not complete, no drywall, NOTHING!)
My husband was doing all the work and due to health reasons can no longer continue.
Where do I start?
Obviously I need a contractor‚Ä¶‚Ä¶.should floors come first?
There‚Äôs some electrical rerouting also.
I can figure this out but thought it would be easier if someone could just give me a ‚Äúpat‚Äù answer.
If i were you i probloy would start with the wiring then flooring the dry wall is easy to do you could handle that part if you want to save some money.
this note may come late but i just got on this web site. i have also lived in a shell of a house for a number of years. armed with little money and no skill . i went for it first the wireing. then plumbing. insulation . then dry wall. though i did not finish it at this time . then the floor even wafer board looked good for the time. i did learn alot about friends and family . if you have FOOD they will show up. do a little each day and by the weekend it will look better and take a small break.i know this. i wish you well and hope every thing works out!
One place to get a free idea of what to do first is from any bank or mortgage company. They have an ordered list of things that have to be done when a house is being built. They use these when they make construction loans to decide how, and how much to pay out on the loan as the various parts of the job are completed.
6 1/2" Crown Molding - HELP NEEDED
Living through major renovations - advice/help needed!
Help Needed to find a House Manufacturer
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps