have lived in a gutted (down-to-the-studs) house for 4 years.
The upstairs is complete.
The entire downstairs is gutted (no kitchen, flooring is not complete, no drywall, NOTHING!)
My husband was doing all the work and due to health reasons can no longer continue.
Where do I start?
Obviously I need a contractor‚Ä¶‚Ä¶.should floors come first?
There‚Äôs some electrical rerouting also.
I can figure this out but thought it would be easier if someone could just give me a ‚Äúpat‚Äù answer.
If i were you i probloy would start with the wiring then flooring the dry wall is easy to do you could handle that part if you want to save some money.
this note may come late but i just got on this web site. i have also lived in a shell of a house for a number of years. armed with little money and no skill . i went for it first the wireing. then plumbing. insulation . then dry wall. though i did not finish it at this time . then the floor even wafer board looked good for the time. i did learn alot about friends and family . if you have FOOD they will show up. do a little each day and by the weekend it will look better and take a small break.i know this. i wish you well and hope every thing works out!
One place to get a free idea of what to do first is from any bank or mortgage company. They have an ordered list of things that have to be done when a house is being built. They use these when they make construction loans to decide how, and how much to pay out on the loan as the various parts of the job are completed.
6 1/2" Crown Molding - HELP NEEDED
Living through major renovations - advice/help needed!
Help Needed to find a House Manufacturer
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide