We've had a long ordeal with a Frigidaire fridge and the dealer that sold it to us.
We finaly got a replacement, but I'm still not sure if this one is working.
The freezer 'bounces' between 0 degrees and 20 degrees.
When I talk to Frigidaire, they say that the normal temperature should be between -6 and 6 and that kind of fluctuation sounds abnormal. However, they could not point me to any actual documentation.
The distributor came out to check on it and the repair person said that this is normal, due to the defrost cycle that runs 3 times a day.
So, I've been confused getting conflicting information on this. The ONLY bit of documentation I've found to back this up is from this site:
Yes. The freezer temperature increases by about 20 degrees during the defrost cycle. This is normal and doesn't affect the quality of the food in your freezer.
At this point, I'm just looking for either documentation that says our freezer's temp fluctuation is wrong, and needs to be fixed, or assurance that this is actually normal, and the temp bouncing between 0 and 20 won't hurt our food at all.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Furniture Makeovers: 10 Total DIY Do-Overs
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them