We've had a long ordeal with a Frigidaire fridge and the dealer that sold it to us.
We finaly got a replacement, but I'm still not sure if this one is working.
The freezer 'bounces' between 0 degrees and 20 degrees.
When I talk to Frigidaire, they say that the normal temperature should be between -6 and 6 and that kind of fluctuation sounds abnormal. However, they could not point me to any actual documentation.
The distributor came out to check on it and the repair person said that this is normal, due to the defrost cycle that runs 3 times a day.
So, I've been confused getting conflicting information on this. The ONLY bit of documentation I've found to back this up is from this site:
Yes. The freezer temperature increases by about 20 degrees during the defrost cycle. This is normal and doesn't affect the quality of the food in your freezer.
At this point, I'm just looking for either documentation that says our freezer's temp fluctuation is wrong, and needs to be fixed, or assurance that this is actually normal, and the temp bouncing between 0 and 20 won't hurt our food at all.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes