We've had a long ordeal with a Frigidaire fridge and the dealer that sold it to us.
We finaly got a replacement, but I'm still not sure if this one is working.
The freezer 'bounces' between 0 degrees and 20 degrees.
When I talk to Frigidaire, they say that the normal temperature should be between -6 and 6 and that kind of fluctuation sounds abnormal. However, they could not point me to any actual documentation.
The distributor came out to check on it and the repair person said that this is normal, due to the defrost cycle that runs 3 times a day.
So, I've been confused getting conflicting information on this. The ONLY bit of documentation I've found to back this up is from this site:
Yes. The freezer temperature increases by about 20 degrees during the defrost cycle. This is normal and doesn't affect the quality of the food in your freezer.
At this point, I'm just looking for either documentation that says our freezer's temp fluctuation is wrong, and needs to be fixed, or assurance that this is actually normal, and the temp bouncing between 0 and 20 won't hurt our food at all.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs