We've had a long ordeal with a Frigidaire fridge and the dealer that sold it to us.
We finaly got a replacement, but I'm still not sure if this one is working.
The freezer 'bounces' between 0 degrees and 20 degrees.
When I talk to Frigidaire, they say that the normal temperature should be between -6 and 6 and that kind of fluctuation sounds abnormal. However, they could not point me to any actual documentation.
The distributor came out to check on it and the repair person said that this is normal, due to the defrost cycle that runs 3 times a day.
So, I've been confused getting conflicting information on this. The ONLY bit of documentation I've found to back this up is from this site:
Yes. The freezer temperature increases by about 20 degrees during the defrost cycle. This is normal and doesn't affect the quality of the food in your freezer.
At this point, I'm just looking for either documentation that says our freezer's temp fluctuation is wrong, and needs to be fixed, or assurance that this is actually normal, and the temp bouncing between 0 and 20 won't hurt our food at all.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love