We've had a long ordeal with a Frigidaire fridge and the dealer that sold it to us.
We finaly got a replacement, but I'm still not sure if this one is working.
The freezer 'bounces' between 0 degrees and 20 degrees.
When I talk to Frigidaire, they say that the normal temperature should be between -6 and 6 and that kind of fluctuation sounds abnormal. However, they could not point me to any actual documentation.
The distributor came out to check on it and the repair person said that this is normal, due to the defrost cycle that runs 3 times a day.
So, I've been confused getting conflicting information on this. The ONLY bit of documentation I've found to back this up is from this site:
Yes. The freezer temperature increases by about 20 degrees during the defrost cycle. This is normal and doesn't affect the quality of the food in your freezer.
At this point, I'm just looking for either documentation that says our freezer's temp fluctuation is wrong, and needs to be fixed, or assurance that this is actually normal, and the temp bouncing between 0 and 20 won't hurt our food at all.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 “Stone Sober” Household Uses for Liquor
- 10 Plant Containers to Make with Everyday Items
- 15 Spring Home Maintenance Musts
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Easy Ways to Revitalize Outdoor Furniture
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Wow-Worthy Window Films: 11 Top Picks
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Air Quality
- 10 Ingenious Home Uses for Baking Soda