** the odor hasn't been that strong in the upstairs. I don't know if the vapors are lighter than air **
Do you have forced air heating? It would circulate the fumes everywhere in a home.
** I did check the vents last night, removed flex tubing etc. and cleared it all, albeit there wasn't much material in the 'pipe'. **
Great but how about inside the dryer? That is where most lint burning would take place.
** Assuming it is those pesky VOCs burning, is there anything I can do to speedup the process? **
I don't know what VOC stands for but if it's referring to the fumes, air the house out and/or wait until the paint, etc. has thoroughly dried and has off-gassed all it is going to.
** if it's paint vapor, what is the resulting danger once burned? **
That would depend on what exact substances were being burned. In any case, it should be vented outdoors through the dryer's venting system (assuming it isn't obstructed at all) so it would usually be minimal danger to residents. If the gasses were flammable and in high enough concentration, it could cause a fire at the dryer's burner.
The Appliance Information Site
Get Help from Bob Vila
- Give-Aways & Offers
- Monthly Must Do's
- DIY Project Ideas
- Step-by-Step Guides
- Inspirational Photo Galleries