I have just finished building a dining table top using maple plywood and solid maple 1x edging. I have applied two coats of Minwax stain and need to know what the best finish is for a table. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I do not want a high-gloss finish. I have thought of using wax, have used water-based polyeurethanes in the past, and have seen wipe-on poly's at the hardware store.
Thaks in advance.
You must be careful with dining room tables. If you use a waterbased finish over an oil stain the finish may pop off if anything hot is set on the table. At this point your best bet would be using a brushing lacquer. Make sure that you purchase a good china bristle brush to apply it with. Sand lightly between coats.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips