I have a 14 year old Amana LWS203W2 washing machine which until a few months ago gave me zero problems. I probably paid just short of $400 for it back then. It has a stainless tub but is otherwise very typical.
It now has a fungus odor which comes back every month or so even after treatment with 20/20 and vinegar (and my giving up detergent entirely).
Within the past two weeks, it has developed a small leak out the bottom (pump?) and makes significant noise in the wash cycle (belts/transmission?), and it goes out of balance very easy in spin (I would say 80% of the time).
Repair or replace?
Never buy a house built by an oil company...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!