i live in nyc and need help finding a beginners woodshop/carpentry class/course... please help. i've volunteered for habitat and would love to take this up as a hobby.
It's a trade. In other words, you need to enroll in a Vocational Program or in a Tech School that offers these skills. You could learn them on the job but it would have to be your job. There isn't anything preventing you from working Saturday's with charitable organizations that do remodeling or building on a more regular basis. Check w/United Way and others. There are PLENTY of organizations that do this work all the time.
Either that or get a few good books. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
applying oil based poly over waterbased poly
Clear staining a new Deck.
Please Help a Novice w/ Question on a Table Saw....
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps