i live in nyc and need help finding a beginners woodshop/carpentry class/course... please help. i've volunteered for habitat and would love to take this up as a hobby.
It's a trade. In other words, you need to enroll in a Vocational Program or in a Tech School that offers these skills. You could learn them on the job but it would have to be your job. There isn't anything preventing you from working Saturday's with charitable organizations that do remodeling or building on a more regular basis. Check w/United Way and others. There are PLENTY of organizations that do this work all the time.
Either that or get a few good books. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
applying oil based poly over waterbased poly
Clear staining a new Deck.
Please Help a Novice w/ Question on a Table Saw....
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects