i live in nyc and need help finding a beginners woodshop/carpentry class/course... please help. i've volunteered for habitat and would love to take this up as a hobby.
It's a trade. In other words, you need to enroll in a Vocational Program or in a Tech School that offers these skills. You could learn them on the job but it would have to be your job. There isn't anything preventing you from working Saturday's with charitable organizations that do remodeling or building on a more regular basis. Check w/United Way and others. There are PLENTY of organizations that do this work all the time.
Either that or get a few good books. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
applying oil based poly over waterbased poly
Clear staining a new Deck.
Please Help a Novice w/ Question on a Table Saw....
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 9 Things You Never Thought to Paint—But Should
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Storage Where You Least Expected It
- 9 Best Lighting Picks for Your Bedroom
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- 10 Alternatives to a Traditional Home Office