i live in nyc and need help finding a beginners woodshop/carpentry class/course... please help. i've volunteered for habitat and would love to take this up as a hobby.
It's a trade. In other words, you need to enroll in a Vocational Program or in a Tech School that offers these skills. You could learn them on the job but it would have to be your job. There isn't anything preventing you from working Saturday's with charitable organizations that do remodeling or building on a more regular basis. Check w/United Way and others. There are PLENTY of organizations that do this work all the time.
Either that or get a few good books. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
applying oil based poly over waterbased poly
Clear staining a new Deck.
Please Help a Novice w/ Question on a Table Saw....
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps