i live in nyc and need help finding a beginners woodshop/carpentry class/course... please help. i've volunteered for habitat and would love to take this up as a hobby.
It's a trade. In other words, you need to enroll in a Vocational Program or in a Tech School that offers these skills. You could learn them on the job but it would have to be your job. There isn't anything preventing you from working Saturday's with charitable organizations that do remodeling or building on a more regular basis. Check w/United Way and others. There are PLENTY of organizations that do this work all the time.
Either that or get a few good books. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
applying oil based poly over waterbased poly
Clear staining a new Deck.
Please Help a Novice w/ Question on a Table Saw....
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!