Our GE Profile refridgerator has had a persistent chemical smell for the past 3 weeks, smells almost like lighter fluid or a BBQ grill. The smell started before we had food in the fridge so that is not the culprit, but soon after we had our hardwood floors refinished. The polyurethane smell from the floors was strong throughout the house for 2 weeks after being refinished and has since dissapated, however the fridge still has a lighter fluid-esque odor that gets into the food, ice, etc. Could the fridge odor be related to the floors, or is there a problem with the fridge? Thanks
I have the same problem and is not related to floor. Someone mentioned possible ice dispenser motor.
We had our floors refinished and are experiencing the exact same thing! What did you do to fix this? We have emptied the ice tray and cleaned it out,. It's now been about a week post polly. Ice still smells!
Has anyone determined the time frame for the smell and ice cube taste to clear? Ours started shortly after we had our hardwood floors done as well.
I'm experiencing the same thing after having floors refinished! Did anyone ever figure out what happened??
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects