I just aquired a "Craftool Buffer Unit". It has a 1/3 HP double spindle electric motor. The unit had a hood for each side and a socketed light bulb . The switches include one for motor, lights and an exhaust (no exhaust device present, altho holes in the metal housing on the bottom to accomadate a downdraft exhaust exit).
I have had no success finding the age of the unit. This is similar to some floor models I've seen but it is bench mounted. How old? Any general interest from metal/jewelery makers, etc?
I was considering converting it to a sanding drum, after disconnecting the light sockets. Any comments?
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING