I just aquired a "Craftool Buffer Unit". It has a 1/3 HP double spindle electric motor. The unit had a hood for each side and a socketed light bulb . The switches include one for motor, lights and an exhaust (no exhaust device present, altho holes in the metal housing on the bottom to accomadate a downdraft exhaust exit).
I have had no success finding the age of the unit. This is similar to some floor models I've seen but it is bench mounted. How old? Any general interest from metal/jewelery makers, etc?
I was considering converting it to a sanding drum, after disconnecting the light sockets. Any comments?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight