I wanted to rip out the ceilings in my master bedroom. I love the look of exposed beam ceilings and would like to create it here. My roof has quite a nice pitch and I can see the beams on the outside of the house. Is this just a dream or is there a beautiful ceiling above the drywall? Any problems you can foresee with electrical, finishing, or other?
It's very unlikely that there's a "beautiful ceiling" above the drywall. Have you tried looking in the attic?
Yes, actually their is a beamed ceiling in the attic just above this room, it is,of course, unfinished but I just didnt know how difficult it would be to remove the ceiling (attic floor)...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects