I wanted to rip out the ceilings in my master bedroom. I love the look of exposed beam ceilings and would like to create it here. My roof has quite a nice pitch and I can see the beams on the outside of the house. Is this just a dream or is there a beautiful ceiling above the drywall? Any problems you can foresee with electrical, finishing, or other?
It's very unlikely that there's a "beautiful ceiling" above the drywall. Have you tried looking in the attic?
Yes, actually their is a beamed ceiling in the attic just above this room, it is,of course, unfinished but I just didnt know how difficult it would be to remove the ceiling (attic floor)...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love