I wanted to rip out the ceilings in my master bedroom. I love the look of exposed beam ceilings and would like to create it here. My roof has quite a nice pitch and I can see the beams on the outside of the house. Is this just a dream or is there a beautiful ceiling above the drywall? Any problems you can foresee with electrical, finishing, or other?
It's very unlikely that there's a "beautiful ceiling" above the drywall. Have you tried looking in the attic?
Yes, actually their is a beamed ceiling in the attic just above this room, it is,of course, unfinished but I just didnt know how difficult it would be to remove the ceiling (attic floor)...
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING