I wanted to rip out the ceilings in my master bedroom. I love the look of exposed beam ceilings and would like to create it here. My roof has quite a nice pitch and I can see the beams on the outside of the house. Is this just a dream or is there a beautiful ceiling above the drywall? Any problems you can foresee with electrical, finishing, or other?
It's very unlikely that there's a "beautiful ceiling" above the drywall. Have you tried looking in the attic?
Yes, actually their is a beamed ceiling in the attic just above this room, it is,of course, unfinished but I just didnt know how difficult it would be to remove the ceiling (attic floor)...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!