i need an idea for a entry way to the basement from outside or garage for a cape cod stye house. the builder says the back is out of the question because of two wells behind the house any ideas???
I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question correctly, but I have seen this done around here (Michigan) in quite a lot of new construction. Wide concrete steps actually lead down to a concrete pad at basement floor level. This pad has a drain in it. A set of french doors (approx. 6 ft. wide), inswinging I assume, enter into the basement. This brings very nice light into the basement, as well as providing an excellent way to get large objects in and out. You could probably also cover this entrance with a greenhouse-type enclosure. Hope this helps.
adding a OSBE to a house that doesnt have one
Now totally confused! Basemnt recommendations needed...
Basement water issue
Laminated 2x6 House
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!