i need an idea for a entry way to the basement from outside or garage for a cape cod stye house. the builder says the back is out of the question because of two wells behind the house any ideas???
I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question correctly, but I have seen this done around here (Michigan) in quite a lot of new construction. Wide concrete steps actually lead down to a concrete pad at basement floor level. This pad has a drain in it. A set of french doors (approx. 6 ft. wide), inswinging I assume, enter into the basement. This brings very nice light into the basement, as well as providing an excellent way to get large objects in and out. You could probably also cover this entrance with a greenhouse-type enclosure. Hope this helps.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight