i need an idea for a entry way to the basement from outside or garage for a cape cod stye house. the builder says the back is out of the question because of two wells behind the house any ideas???
I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question correctly, but I have seen this done around here (Michigan) in quite a lot of new construction. Wide concrete steps actually lead down to a concrete pad at basement floor level. This pad has a drain in it. A set of french doors (approx. 6 ft. wide), inswinging I assume, enter into the basement. This brings very nice light into the basement, as well as providing an excellent way to get large objects in and out. You could probably also cover this entrance with a greenhouse-type enclosure. Hope this helps.
adding a OSBE to a house that doesnt have one
Now totally confused! Basemnt recommendations needed...
Basement water issue
Laminated 2x6 House
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!