I work as an assistant architect and just had a recent education of SIP's. As far as I can tell they are a really great product. They cut down on construction time. They have a higher insulating (R-value) rating than a wood stud wall. In fact a 4" SIP has a higher R-value than a 6" wood stud wall. They have pre-drilled holes in them for electrical wiring, which is truly an electrician's dream (no more "fishing"). You can even build your roof out of SIP's.
I would recommend you go to this web-site which has a lot of information and request a literature packet. www.thermalfoams.com
I live in the Buffalo, NY area. If you live in this vicinity, Thermalfoams has offices in Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse, NY. The representative that I spoke with was great and so helpful. If you live elsewhere I am sure the web-site can direct you to a local rep.
Building with Valubuild SIP-Not a "Do it yourself" s...
R-Control SIP building system
Structural Insulated Panels
SIP Panel Electrical boxes?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!