I work as an assistant architect and just had a recent education of SIP's. As far as I can tell they are a really great product. They cut down on construction time. They have a higher insulating (R-value) rating than a wood stud wall. In fact a 4" SIP has a higher R-value than a 6" wood stud wall. They have pre-drilled holes in them for electrical wiring, which is truly an electrician's dream (no more "fishing"). You can even build your roof out of SIP's.
I would recommend you go to this web-site which has a lot of information and request a literature packet. www.thermalfoams.com
I live in the Buffalo, NY area. If you live in this vicinity, Thermalfoams has offices in Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse, NY. The representative that I spoke with was great and so helpful. If you live elsewhere I am sure the web-site can direct you to a local rep.
Building with Valubuild SIP-Not a "Do it yourself" s...
R-Control SIP building system
Structural Insulated Panels
SIP Panel Electrical boxes?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love