I work as an assistant architect and just had a recent education of SIP's. As far as I can tell they are a really great product. They cut down on construction time. They have a higher insulating (R-value) rating than a wood stud wall. In fact a 4" SIP has a higher R-value than a 6" wood stud wall. They have pre-drilled holes in them for electrical wiring, which is truly an electrician's dream (no more "fishing"). You can even build your roof out of SIP's.
I would recommend you go to this web-site which has a lot of information and request a literature packet. www.thermalfoams.com
I live in the Buffalo, NY area. If you live in this vicinity, Thermalfoams has offices in Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse, NY. The representative that I spoke with was great and so helpful. If you live elsewhere I am sure the web-site can direct you to a local rep.
Building with Valubuild SIP-Not a "Do it yourself" s...
R-Control SIP building system
Structural Insulated Panels
SIP Panel Electrical boxes?
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING