Looking for some input on average architect fees in the tri-state (NY,NJ,CT) area. Building a new home from scratch and have never done this before. So far they seem expensive....any other architect finding tips?
Even if you have your own well thought out ideas, it can cost you 6-8% to hae good plans and working drawings made up by a draftsman. The total fees from an archy include some site supervision and inspection occasional basis. There are archys who will work on a partial fee basis when asked to only provide plans.
Check on 'Designers/Builders'. If you get the whole deal at one stop, the design fees may be lots less than getting a separate architect.
PS: We are about to 'break ground' on our new home and I would suggest you start early to research EVERYTHING about your new home - from door knobs to windows to HVAC to flooring, etc, etc, etc. Never knew there were so many decisions to be made. Of course, you can leave all that up to your builder but you will then probably get 'contractor grade' (read CHEAP) products.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers