Looking for some input on average architect fees in the tri-state (NY,NJ,CT) area. Building a new home from scratch and have never done this before. So far they seem expensive....any other architect finding tips?
Even if you have your own well thought out ideas, it can cost you 6-8% to hae good plans and working drawings made up by a draftsman. The total fees from an archy include some site supervision and inspection occasional basis. There are archys who will work on a partial fee basis when asked to only provide plans.
Check on 'Designers/Builders'. If you get the whole deal at one stop, the design fees may be lots less than getting a separate architect.
PS: We are about to 'break ground' on our new home and I would suggest you start early to research EVERYTHING about your new home - from door knobs to windows to HVAC to flooring, etc, etc, etc. Never knew there were so many decisions to be made. Of course, you can leave all that up to your builder but you will then probably get 'contractor grade' (read CHEAP) products.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects