We're thinking planning on getting rid of our current house and rebuilding on the same piece of land. We're in the plan drawing stage and looking for a way to estimate the approx. cost of the project. Any ideas how to do that? We need to have some idea about what it's gonna cost us becore we move on to the next step.
step 1. rethink tearing down your old house...lol. instead of tearing it down a good designer or whomeever... as long as they are good can re-envision your home with alot of confidence. southern living and renovation magazones are full of them! why do i suggest it? its cheaper! i have worked on redos of a $2million home.. so everyhouse no matter what price and be reborn! building costs! ouch! well the truth.. no one knows. a spec house across the state from me where my dad lives costs around $74 per foot. where i live the same spec house runs around $125 per foot.. the difference? 240 miles! plus... what do you want in your house? good materials costs more! i worked on a house where my dad lives.. and it was a remodel for around $350 per foot! so you need to talk to a bunch of contractors in your area.... more then 3 at least!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes