We're thinking planning on getting rid of our current house and rebuilding on the same piece of land. We're in the plan drawing stage and looking for a way to estimate the approx. cost of the project. Any ideas how to do that? We need to have some idea about what it's gonna cost us becore we move on to the next step.
step 1. rethink tearing down your old house...lol. instead of tearing it down a good designer or whomeever... as long as they are good can re-envision your home with alot of confidence. southern living and renovation magazones are full of them! why do i suggest it? its cheaper! i have worked on redos of a $2million home.. so everyhouse no matter what price and be reborn! building costs! ouch! well the truth.. no one knows. a spec house across the state from me where my dad lives costs around $74 per foot. where i live the same spec house runs around $125 per foot.. the difference? 240 miles! plus... what do you want in your house? good materials costs more! i worked on a house where my dad lives.. and it was a remodel for around $350 per foot! so you need to talk to a bunch of contractors in your area.... more then 3 at least!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!