Pulling wire in a cathedral ceiling
I am making plans to install a ceilin fan in on a cathedral ceiling. I have two choices on where to pull power from. Either up an exterior wall and into the ceiling or from an interior wall, but which requires going over/through the peak of the ceiling. Any thoughts on which is going to be easier? any specific things I should be watching for on this part of the project?
empty walls are always easier to pull through. I assume your exterior wall will have some more obstruction than your interior(insulation and the like). Fishing a line is easy if there's nothing in the way. Another consideration is what stucturally you will have to pass through. I always try to minimize working with stuctural elements no matter how small the hole/job.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!