Pulling wire in a cathedral ceiling
I am making plans to install a ceilin fan in on a cathedral ceiling. I have two choices on where to pull power from. Either up an exterior wall and into the ceiling or from an interior wall, but which requires going over/through the peak of the ceiling. Any thoughts on which is going to be easier? any specific things I should be watching for on this part of the project?
empty walls are always easier to pull through. I assume your exterior wall will have some more obstruction than your interior(insulation and the like). Fishing a line is easy if there's nothing in the way. Another consideration is what stucturally you will have to pass through. I always try to minimize working with stuctural elements no matter how small the hole/job.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight