We are planning on building an attached two story 2-1/2 car garage, but are having trouble locating plans for what we have in mind. We have been told that to hire an architect would be extremely costly. Is that alway true? or is there another alternative?
Our plans involve & include: 26'x36', master bedroom, large walk-in closet w/small laundry area, large master bath with walk-in doorless shower (no tub) and a small-medium size "entertainment room" with bar, sink, etc.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Have you used the internet? Try going to Google.com and type in "garage plans" (with quotes). You'll find quite a few sites that offer garage plans for sale, reasonably, and many with second floor living spaces from simple master suites to entire apartments.
This may not always be the case. The poject is small and may not be very involved. A young Architect may be able to do it for less than a more experienced one. An Architect can offer a variey of ideas and will also make sure that the building meets local codes, etc. Something that is not always true with stock plans.
Simple 2 Story House Plans
I give up!! Garage/Basement built into hillside in P...
2 Story Garage with Parking on Both Levels.
need small 2 car garage plans
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs