We are planning on building an attached two story 2-1/2 car garage, but are having trouble locating plans for what we have in mind. We have been told that to hire an architect would be extremely costly. Is that alway true? or is there another alternative?
Our plans involve & include: 26'x36', master bedroom, large walk-in closet w/small laundry area, large master bath with walk-in doorless shower (no tub) and a small-medium size "entertainment room" with bar, sink, etc.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Have you used the internet? Try going to Google.com and type in "garage plans" (with quotes). You'll find quite a few sites that offer garage plans for sale, reasonably, and many with second floor living spaces from simple master suites to entire apartments.
This may not always be the case. The poject is small and may not be very involved. A young Architect may be able to do it for less than a more experienced one. An Architect can offer a variey of ideas and will also make sure that the building meets local codes, etc. Something that is not always true with stock plans.
Simple 2 Story House Plans
I give up!! Garage/Basement built into hillside in P...
2 Story Garage with Parking on Both Levels.
need small 2 car garage plans
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING