material for house framing
1) Are the boards straight after being cured?
If the lumber is not straight, obviously you do not want to use it in areas where you desire a straight wall, floor, ceiling, etc.
2) Is the lumber at the proper moisture content to begin construction?
If the moisture content is too high it will shrink and warp as it dries causing various problems.
The optimum moisture content for the lumber will vary somewhat depending on your geographical location but in the neighborhood of 15% should be close.
3) Another thing to consider is that the lumber will not have been graded showing its structural capacity. The grading process takes many things into consideration including; the moisture content, number and size of knots, species of wood, etc.
Casework Substrate Material
Best material for low pitch roof?
How far I can cantilever a 2x12 girder from the post?
MDF 1x3 casing and 1x4 base..good/bad?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips