I am thinking of installing these in a interior powder room, a interior mud room and a hall way, all that have no windows in them... I was hoping to keep the lights from being turned on during the day... Any one have any feed back on these? Thank You for taking the time to answer my posts!
I've been in homes with these tube skylights and I personally don't care for them. The light bothers my eyes. Don't know if it's too concentrated in one place or why it just looks so unnatural. I have regular skylights in my home (and garage) and they provide good daytime light. I would suggest you find someone that has them (or look at model homes)before you install them.
i live in the south. this means solar tubes create intense heat in the upper hotter regions of rooms. also, with as much rain as me get its totally bad to disrupt the roof with another hole. in short the hotter regions stay away from it! in the colder regions... its free heat, and needed light. so do what you need to in the area you live in!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes