I am thinking of installing these in a interior powder room, a interior mud room and a hall way, all that have no windows in them... I was hoping to keep the lights from being turned on during the day... Any one have any feed back on these? Thank You for taking the time to answer my posts!
I've been in homes with these tube skylights and I personally don't care for them. The light bothers my eyes. Don't know if it's too concentrated in one place or why it just looks so unnatural. I have regular skylights in my home (and garage) and they provide good daytime light. I would suggest you find someone that has them (or look at model homes)before you install them.
i live in the south. this means solar tubes create intense heat in the upper hotter regions of rooms. also, with as much rain as me get its totally bad to disrupt the roof with another hole. in short the hotter regions stay away from it! in the colder regions... its free heat, and needed light. so do what you need to in the area you live in!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!