I am thinking of installing these in a interior powder room, a interior mud room and a hall way, all that have no windows in them... I was hoping to keep the lights from being turned on during the day... Any one have any feed back on these? Thank You for taking the time to answer my posts!
I've been in homes with these tube skylights and I personally don't care for them. The light bothers my eyes. Don't know if it's too concentrated in one place or why it just looks so unnatural. I have regular skylights in my home (and garage) and they provide good daytime light. I would suggest you find someone that has them (or look at model homes)before you install them.
i live in the south. this means solar tubes create intense heat in the upper hotter regions of rooms. also, with as much rain as me get its totally bad to disrupt the roof with another hole. in short the hotter regions stay away from it! in the colder regions... its free heat, and needed light. so do what you need to in the area you live in!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!