I'm wanting to know what the specs are for a header for a window on a load bareing wall.
The window opening is to be 6ft wide/No second story.
well at least you were smart enough to run to ask someone about it! the problem is i... along with everyone else, cannot say what to do from such little information. also, even if we had all the information in the world sometimes the problem has to be looked at directly. a structural engineer will cost around $500 for this project. some of the less trustful ones will charge up too $1,500. they will say you need a glulam beam, of course they would... they are engineers! a call to a friendly architect should cost you nothing. BUT, this problem in my town or county would require a "stamp". so you might as well call up the engineer.
Sink or Range/cooktop/oven located in Island?
Craftsman style houses
The Philosophy of Architecture: The Modern Houses Ma...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects