I'm wanting to know what the specs are for a header for a window on a load bareing wall.
The window opening is to be 6ft wide/No second story.
well at least you were smart enough to run to ask someone about it! the problem is i... along with everyone else, cannot say what to do from such little information. also, even if we had all the information in the world sometimes the problem has to be looked at directly. a structural engineer will cost around $500 for this project. some of the less trustful ones will charge up too $1,500. they will say you need a glulam beam, of course they would... they are engineers! a call to a friendly architect should cost you nothing. BUT, this problem in my town or county would require a "stamp". so you might as well call up the engineer.
Sink or Range/cooktop/oven located in Island?
Craftsman style houses
The Philosophy of Architecture: The Modern Houses Ma...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!