I'm wanting to know what the specs are for a header for a window on a load bareing wall.
The window opening is to be 6ft wide/No second story.
well at least you were smart enough to run to ask someone about it! the problem is i... along with everyone else, cannot say what to do from such little information. also, even if we had all the information in the world sometimes the problem has to be looked at directly. a structural engineer will cost around $500 for this project. some of the less trustful ones will charge up too $1,500. they will say you need a glulam beam, of course they would... they are engineers! a call to a friendly architect should cost you nothing. BUT, this problem in my town or county would require a "stamp". so you might as well call up the engineer.
Sink or Range/cooktop/oven located in Island?
Craftsman style houses
The Philosophy of Architecture: The Modern Houses Ma...
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING