We are planning to remodel our 11 x 11 kitchen and will be hiring an architect for ideas. Is there a basic fee for plans or should I just call for estimates?
Fees will vary from architect to architect, and you'll have to do some hunting to find one whose fee you're comfortable with. Even more important though, as the kitchen is 'the' premier room in the house for resale value, you'll want to find an architect with lots of residential kitchen experience, who knows his limits and will call in the cabinet experts when necessary, and who you can feel comfortable working with for he understands your needs, desires, and budget constraints. He/she should also be a designer who not only listens to what you have to say, but actually hears it, too.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight