I have a short wall in my kitchen that separates the refrigerator from the dining area. The wall protrudes a little more than the average fridge is deep. I bought a new fridge and it won't fit into the space between this wall and my cabinets on the other side.
I want to take it down, reposition the phone line that's inside the wall, take down a high-up cabinet, and move the fridge back into the spot where it was 'supposed' to sit. I'll have to replace the vinyl flooring, but that's no biggie.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a way to go into the attic to identify whether or not this is a load bearing wall? I don't have the blueprints. My home was built in 1978.
I'd go with k2's recomendation. I had a major kitchen remodel done in our last home and we removed a "non bearing wall" and as k2 mentioned we had several electrical circuits running to the upstairs as well a 4" waste line. We knew going into the project they were in there and the contractor had plans for rerouting the items.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes