I have two questions that I could use some expert advice on. I own a 67x16 mini home and want to move it to property that I have purchased. My budget for now will only allow me to move it and set it up on blocks or a foundation limited to its own dimensions. I have plans for creating a larger home modifying my existing minihome with a split entry in the front for the future. Here are my questions:
1) if the home sits on the sill, on the foundation all the way around does it require center support posts down the middle where it is only 16 feet across and if so spaced where?
2) Can a newer foundation be attached to the older one very easily and be waterproof or should an entire foundation be poured at the same time to be watertight?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight