I have two questions that I could use some expert advice on. I own a 67x16 mini home and want to move it to property that I have purchased. My budget for now will only allow me to move it and set it up on blocks or a foundation limited to its own dimensions. I have plans for creating a larger home modifying my existing minihome with a split entry in the front for the future. Here are my questions:
1) if the home sits on the sill, on the foundation all the way around does it require center support posts down the middle where it is only 16 feet across and if so spaced where?
2) Can a newer foundation be attached to the older one very easily and be waterproof or should an entire foundation be poured at the same time to be watertight?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!