I am getting a Bow and bay windows installed and I have the option of installing shingles or aluminum Roof. I looked at both options and Aluminum does not look too bad. But I guess you can have more flexibility of the design with Shingles.
Is there anywhere I can see what designs can be implemented for the windows Roof (most bows have boring Roofs that I have seen in my neighborhood)
It seems aluminum is maintenance free but the contactor is recommending shingles for heat retention. Are Shingles a cheaper option? What about noise form rain, look, any other considerations? Please advise.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!